Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Nursery: Day 3

This morning I got up, cleaned up the painting supplies, picked up the drip clothes, put the face plates back, and did some minor touch ups on the ceiling and wall in a couple places.  Then, I cleaned the carpets in our bedroom and Colton's room.  I thought this would be relatively easy, which is was thanks to my parents letting me borrow their carpet cleaner...but it what surprised me was how disgusting the floor was!! The cleaner has a catch tank where all the dirty water goes, and it looked like chocolate milk!  Nasty!! You don't realize how dirty it really is, and how much your vacuum misses until you use a steam cleaner...


Excuse the mirror on the dresser...it's going bye bye





After that, I gave it a few hours to dry (for the most part) and I hung the blinds back up and...drum roll please...put the crib together!  Yep, I put the crib together...solo...ok I had some help...

Miss Molly made herself comfy on the packing from the crib and 'supervised' :)

It didn't take as long as I thought it would, only about 30-45 minutes.  I could have used an extra set of hands, but I improvised and used the wall since Kyle was in the pasture plowing.  It turned out super cute, and matches the dresser perfectly! I did manage to put a ding or two in it while assembling, but I think they can be touched up :)

Ta-Da!!     
After the crib was done, I moved the changing table and end table in, but didn't take pictures because I'm not sure where I'm putting them yet.  I also finished the letters to hang on the wall too.  I bought 6" letters at JoAnn's and painstakingly wrapped them in brown yarn.  Never again...ok ok I say that, they are super cute so I may do other letters later

Way to turn my spring break ta'do list into a ta'done list.

4 comments:

  1. YAY for progress! Um- did you just add yarn around each letter of Colton's name? SO cute!!!! LOVE it! My sister told me about that idea and I had never seen it- looking good! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I just wrapped them in yarn...which is easier said then done! I ended up 'cheating' on some and hot gluing some of the yard in place so it would stop moving. Gotta love Pinterest :)

      Delete
  2. Laura!!!!!!!! First off... i love the name Colton! Second of all... AHHHHHHHHHH.. so happy to see you're doing great. 26 weeks u said? Time is flying huh?? Sorry I've been away but I'm back baby! lol.. looking forward to the next weeks of this journey for ya! Cant wait to see the finished room!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you're back! I've been blog stalking waiting for an update!! Time is defiantly flying by :) can't wait for June

      Delete