Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Nursery: Day 2

Today was super productive and tiring!  I got up this morning and headed to town.  I started out at JoAnn's fabric store getting the "C" for Colton's name...I went last week and got all the other letters, but they were out of the "C".  I ran to the mall and hit up a sale at Kohls; must say I didin't do too bad at all :)  After a quick trip to Dollar General, I ended at Home Depot.  I bought paint/supplies and special ordered a new rug for the living room.  I've been looking for one, and for some reason this one stood out to me today...I'll post pics when it comes in within the next week or so.  I headed home and set out to start painting; I was convinced that I could get the room painted today!

I moved stuff around the room, and taped the drip sheet to the base boards.  I then taped around the doors and windows and took down the blinds...and the painting started!  It took most of the afternoon/evening, and with a little help from my brother Jacob, I was able to get it done!  The entire room is painted!!  I left everything pulled away from the walls and the drip cloth down so I could look at it again tomorrow and make any needed touch ups.

I will say after doing this all day, painting is not a pregnant chicks work!  I vow, that any of my family/friends that need a nursery painted when they are 7 months pregnant, I will be there and you can supervise!! It straight up kicked my ass.  Up and down off the floor, up and down the ladder, it was just too much.  I had to stop and rest a lot and then kept getting super hot.  Ugh never again!  But hey the room looks good :)
From the door, don't mind everything pulled into the middle of the room :)


2 comments:

  1. It looks really good! I can't believe you did all that! I would have passed out from exhaustion! lol! great job though! It's coming right along!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like to say I slept good, but I still had a difficult time going to sleep :( dang time change!

      Delete