Sunday, May 6, 2012

Bump-Date: Week 33 & 34


Week 33
Baby Size: 17"
Baby Weight: 4 lb

Week 34
Baby Size: 18"
Baby Weight: 4.75 lb
*********************
Goodness I have been slacking on my blogging!  I have been super tired and busy the last couple weeks.  Everything is starting to make me anxious and I feel like I am running out of time to get everything finished before Colton gets here in a few weeks.  I have furiously been working on the nursery getting things unpacked, washed, arranged, and put there I think I want them to go...some of that will probably change once he's here and we find better places for things :)  I'm scared, anxious, and excited all at one time!!

I have been complaining for the past few weeks about swelling and I am saddened to report that has not gotten any better...if anything it is worse!  Some laugh because my ankles disappear some days, but it's all part of the game I guess :)  Braxton hicks are few an far between, but the cramping is daily.  It feels like period cramping, but instead of it lasting all day, it lasts for a few minutes to a few hours then goes away, and comes back.  My doctor said that's just everything getting geared up for delivery so it isn't anything to be concerned with unless they get regular or unbearable.

Speaking of the doctor, I talked with him at my appointment last week about the results from my last ultrasound...I know it's been over a month since I got it done, but he was out having shoulder surgery so we haven't had a chance to talk about it.  Anyway, my placenta is 2cm away from the cervical opening, and that is apparently far enough that he is confident we will not need to schedule a c-section!!  I understand things can go wrong/unplanned during delivery that can cause a c-section, but for now it appears like the placenta shouldn't be the issue!  He said they will monitor is more closely during delivery since it is low lying to ensure it isn't causing any issues for my or the baby, but other than that all should be good :)  Woohoo!!!!

We have officially finished our child birthing classes!  I don't feel like there was a lot that I took away from the class because most of what we went over I knew from family or from experience with others babies :) I also took a breastfeeding class that really has me excited to try breastfeeding!  I was always one to say heck no to breastfeeding because I was worried about personal reasons rather than health reasons for Colton, but as it gets closer I realize that it is the best thing for him; especially at first!  I'm not sure that I will be able to do it long term just based on the amount my mom and sister were able to produce, but I am going to give it a shot.  The class really taught me a lot that I didn't know...which was practically nothing about breastfeeding...and like I said got me excited to try!!

No comments:

Post a Comment