Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Fears...

So as the week progresses I keep thinking about what my doctor said at my appointment last week and wonder where I will be at my appointment on Friday.  I'm going to be highly disappointed if I go in Friday and there are no changes, but hey, it's possible!  It's also possible that just because my dr thinks I'm going to have him early that I may have him late...just my luck!

The more days that pass I have more fears that keep coming up.   I have this fear that I'll be in labor and just not know for some reason.  Or that I'll be taking a shower when my water breaks and I won't know it broke or something crazy like that.  I know it's all stupid fears, but oh well!!  I also worry that I won't know what a real contraction is.  I've googled and read about them, but reading about them versus really having them are two different things.  PLUS there are so many different things that can be considered 'contractions' or 'labor.'  Contractions don't have to hurt, and they don't have to be just in your uterus...I read a few minutes ago you can have contractions in your lower back.  UGH!  So confusing.  Then when you ask someone all they say is 'you'll know.'  How the hell am I suppose to 'know' when I don't know what to even watch for?!?  They seriously need a pre-labor/labor for dummies book!  It could tell you all the things to look for, and hell, I don't know, give you a comparison on what it feels like so you'll know!  I know I'm freaking out...I know...half of the battle is admitting you have a problem...now the other half is making it to the hospital without having my baby at home or in Walmart...

Oh heaven help Colton :)

2 comments:

  1. Lol these are all fears I had too. As for your water breaking... (if it breaks on its own) I felt a "pop" in my belly, kind of like a big gas bubble. If you feel that and you're in the shower... that's your water! Plus if you get out and it's still leaking, you'll know for sure. As for the contractions. I believe they are different for everyone. Mine were right at the underwear line, and ONLY there. I didn't have any contractions in my belly where the baby was, and they didn't wrap around my back like most websites and books suggest that contractions do. But then again I didn't "naturally" go into labor. I had to have cytotec placed on my cervix 2 times to get it to thin out before contractions even started. But if you labor naturally, it's true... you'll "know" you're having contractions. There's a difference in how your body just feels during a painful contraction. But until it happens, you'll continue to have these fears, and you'll definitely over think every little thing you feel, and wonder if "that's it" or not. I think it just comes a long w/ being a FTM. LO is coming soon though! Regardless of what happens you'll have a precious gift coming your way and you will think yourself silly for worrying so much as soon as that LO is placed in your arms. :) Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one that had these fears :) I know you're right about having the fears until he's here, and hopefully that will be soon!!

      Delete