Monday, April 23, 2012

Bump-Date: Week 32

Baby Size: 16.7"; Large Jicama
Baby Weight: 3.75 lb
*********************
 Ugh!  That's the best way I can describe this week!!  I have been sooooo exhausted :( I don't do much (other than grow my unborn child) and I get so worn out.  I mowed grass Saturday morning/early afternoon, and it knocked me out the rest of the day.  I'm guessing I won't be mowing grass much longer...darn! haha!

Tuesday we went to our first child birth class...didn't really learn anything I didn't already know.  I was expecting it to be like my mom use to talk about, where they teach you breathing techniques and such, but all we did was listen/watch a powerpoint presentation the L&D nurse did.  We have three total classes; Tuesday nights for 3 weeks.  This next week we are suppose to go over C-sections and issues with labor.  I want to ask her about my placenta, and if she thinks it will cause any issues during labor.  I really want to talk to my dr about it, but I'm not totally sure how to ask.  I understand that issues can arise in a normal pregnancy and a c-section may be needed, but I'm curious if he thinks my placenta being low will cause any issues.  What are the chances of issues?  If there can be issues, what is his limit on how far he'll let me go?  If I have a c-section, what is his view on natural delivery for #2?  I tried to talk with him about it before, and he said it was still too soon to tell.  Now I'm 7 weeks away at the most (hopefully) and I'm getting concerned.  Not 'concerned' but anxious about knowing/not knowing what to expect.  My next appointment is May 1st, so I'll try to talk with him about it again.  Hopefully I can get some answers then, if not I'll talk to the L&D nurse at birth class about it that night I guess.

I'm also still having cramping and braxton hicks periodically.  The cramps seem to begetting worse every couple days, and happen a few times a day; the braxton hicks aren't as frequent and are painless.  I asked my dr about the cramping at my last appointment and he said it's everything just getting geared up for delivery.  Before labor you can experience two things, cramping and/or braxton hicks...I happen to get both; cramping just more than the braxton hicks.  Oh and I'm still swelling too :(  My feet swell all the time!!  I know it's just getting geared up, so hopefully it stays in the feet and lower legs...sure don't want it moving up to the rest of my body!!

No comments:

Post a Comment