Saturday, April 7, 2012

Bump-Date: Week 30

Baby Size: 15.5"; Head of Cabbage
Baby Weight: 3 lb
*********************

This week was rather eventful!  I was in L&D for monitoring while my sister was in labor with my precious nephew (click here for post), I've had issues with swelling, braxton hicks, and have started working on the nursery again. Since I was in for monitoring I have been having braxton hicks; I mentioned it to my mom today and she said that I may just be more aware of them now and noticing them, whereas before I wasn't paying attention to them.  In addition to braxton hicks, I have been having mild lower cramping.  I assume the cramping is related to the braxton hicks, but I thought they were more than just cramping, more like an entire ab workout.  I have another dr appointment in a couple weeks and will talk with him about it and see if it's just my body getting ready; like I said I assume so.

I went to the dr Wednesday and was supposed to meet with a partner of my normal OB/GYN, but when I checked in they said I could meet with my normal doctor that he was back in the office earlier than expected; he had shoulder surgery a few weeks back.  So after waiting for ever to see him (1 1/2 hours!!) I was able to talk with him.  He asked me about the pain and L&D from the day before.  He said the pain sounds like growing and stretching pains, but to make sure I don't get a fever or have stomach issues and if so to go to the ER to get admitted.  Anyway, apparently Colton is in there sideways (left to right), instead of the way he should be by now (up and down).  Since he's sideways my dr thinks it's causing my stomach muscles to stretch the wrong way, causing all the pains.  He also said that since his sideways it could be causing other issues I'm having as well; the pains, intense constipation (I went 8 days last week without going!!!), weakness, etc.  If by my next appointment Colton hasn't flipped up and down, my dr said he will move him for me to help ease the pain; initially he said it hurts worse, but in the long run it will help me to feel better and not have all the pains I'm having.  Fingers crossed he moves on his own!!

No comments:

Post a Comment