Wednesday, August 10, 2011

My Appointment...

Well I went to talk with my OB/GYN about possible fertility testing and we are suppose to start next week.  They are doing a hysterography (on/around CD 10) to determine if my fallopian tubes are blocked and they will check the shape/condition of my uterus at that time.  The dr said that when they do the hysterography that they have to inject iodine into my uterus and see if my tubes are clear, and when they do that, it will actually open up a 3-6 month period of improved fertility (assuming nothing else is wrong) in which we may actually conceive (wootwoot).  Then on CD 22ish I have to go do the whole blood work workup to see if I'm ovulating, make sure horomones are ok, check for PCOS, and all that stuff.  He is also sending Kyle to get a sperm analysis just to ensure that his lil guys are all healthy and swimming straight--seems like Kyle is getting the easy way out here!  I have to air my who-who out to the radiologist and get poked and prodded, and all he has to do it fill up a cup!  Oh well, life isn't fair :P

I also had high blood pressure (can't remember if it was 144/65 or 154/65).  I asked if it was stress that could cause it, and he said not with as low as my heart rate was, so he recommends that I loose 10-15lbs to help take some stress off and it will only help me to be a little lower weight in the whole TTC process.  I'm 5'7 and as of yesterday I weigh 165.  For my height and age, I should be at 143-147.  It isn't that 165 is a lot because I don't feel it is and neither does my dr, the issue is that I weighed around 140 in October, 150 in March and now 165 in August--that's 25+/- pounds in less then a year.  I'm sure between, work, grad school, and TTC my body it just overloaded so that's why I've gained weight.  Better to get blood pressure and weight under control now then when it's too late or a lot more to loose...it would be harder then!

Well anywho, I guess this all means I have to figure out a new lifestyle to better support a healthier weight, and I get to go get poked at in a few days!  The things we do sometimes :) Oh well, it will be worth it in the end!  They can poke and prick me all they want, because it won't really matter when I have a baby to hold.

No comments:

Post a Comment