Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Day 1 & 2

The first day was a little surreal.  My family came to visit along with a few friends from work.  I was super sore and the epidural took a while to wear off, so I wasn't able to get out of bed until late in the afternoon.  It hurt to sit, walk, lay, move, anything.  I tore so I had stitches and it just made it that much worse...luckily they make these awesome pads that when  you "break" them they turn to ice packs! I highly, HIGHLY recommend them to everyone that delivers vaginally!!  They are super super cold at first, but the cold ends up feeling great and relieving the swelling and pain.  The first night we sent him to the nursery to stay so we could get some sleep and they brought him back for nursing.  I slept pretty good, and it was nice to know in the back of my mind I didn't have to 'worry' about him...I mean I still worried, but I knew someone else had their eyes on him for the next couple hours.  The lady that handled him that night was so sweet, so I happy he was with her. 

Day 2 was relatively boring and uneventful, so it was great haha!  First thing in the morning the pediatrician came in and said he would do the circumcision at lunch and that he would release him if everything went good.  My DR came in a little after and asked how I was and how delivery went.  I told him all went great and that other then pain I was doing good.  He asked if we wanted to be released today before lunch and I told him I would like to wait until after the circumcision to make sure everything went good.  He said that was ok and he would come back around 5 to do rounds after work at the clinic and we would go from there.  Kyle got a little bored so he went out to eat and ran to the store to get out for a little while.  I laid around, coo-ed over the baby, nursed, and watched TV most of the day.  I got bored and walked around a bit just trying to stretch out.  The circumcision went great so the pediatrician released Colton and when my dr came back they officially released me.  After all the paper work packing up, we were on the road at 6pm.  We had to stop and pick up some of my meds, but we got home around 7pm.  We were officially home!!

It was crazy to walk in Sunday morning and walk out Monday evening with a baby!  I am so thankful everything went so smoothly, and I can't wait to get a routine down and get to our new life :)

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful birth experience!! I am so happy for you!! I can't wait to see more pictures of your little prince!

    ReplyDelete