Sunday, June 10, 2012

1 Week Old

Today our little guy is one week old!  This week flew by so fast, I don't even want to think about how quick the everything is going to fly by :(  Makes me a little sad...but that may be my hormones as well they are a little crazy the last couple days.  We took him for his first doctors appointment Wednesday and he was jaundice; 13.5 was the official level.  So we have to feed him every 2 hours and give him some window time to try and get it back down.  We went back to the doctor Friday and it was 11.6, so it,s at least going down!  He doesn't look as yellow today so hopefully all is well now!  When we were at the doctor they also took his weight; he was 7.14 when he was born, 7.9 when we left, 7.9 Wednesday, and 7.12 Friday...so he's going back up which is great!  I'm sure eating every 2 hours is helping that weight go up!  Eating every 2 hours is certainly making me tired.  I don't mind getting up at night because I know it's what's best for him, but it sure makes for long days and sleepless nights.  Not to mention that some nights he's been wide awake when he's done eating, and I feel back just laying him back down wide awake, so I wait until he goes back to sleep before I put him down.  By the time this happens it's around an hour before I need to get back up and feed him again.  Kyle has been home this week with me, but hasn't been getting up at night, and I'm fine with that.  I really thought it would have bothered me, but I guess the 'new' still hasn't worn off haha!  Well I have to cut this short...feeding time!




2 comments: