Monday, October 3, 2011

My Very Own...

So, I'm out of work today because I'm sick!  I woke up somewhere between 1am & 2am and was sweating my butt off with the chills and I pretty much felt like I got hit by a bus!  My pjs were soaked and I feel like crap.  I woke up around 6am and decided I didn't feel up to par enough to go to work, so around 6:30 I called my boss and told her I wasn't feeling good and wouldn't be in today.  Kyle ended up calling in today too, so we both rolled over and went back to sleep.  I felt like crap most of the morning, and while watching Maury and eating a bowl of vegetable soup, I picked up my phone and started counting my days until AF comes to visit.  Well last week I was spotting, bloated, moody, emotional, etc. just as I am every month when AF comes.  Only...SHE NEVER CAME!  Ok, ok Laura calm down there is a simple explanation for everything...I O'd late by like 3 days. Ok so if I O'd late then I should start 3 days late.  My projected start date was Sunday (yesterday) and I didn't start.  At this point Kyle leaves to run to town and by some seed to drill in the pasture for the cows.  So I'm thinking to myself that I don't really feel like I'm going to start today or something; the bloating and mild cramps were gone.  At this point I'm telling myself that I'm paranoid and just letting myself get my hopes up, but I decided to go test...worst case I'm not pregnant and not out anything but a HPT.  So I go pee and lay the stick down in front of me on the floor, and I'm fixing to stand up when I see the line start coming in...not any line THE line! I thought to my self, oh shit! and I jumped up and took it into the bigger part of the bathroom and sure enough there were two freaking lines!  TWO, count that 1, 2! I picked up my cell phone and call Kyle to see if he's almost home...what do I hear?  His cell phone ringing on the counter...ugh he never has his phone with him! Then I hear his truck pulling into the yard, and I meet him at the door.  He comes walking up on the deck with a can crusher, and I ask if he got me something?  He said yes, and I told him I had something for him too.  I told him I'd trade, and he put out his hand and I put the test in his hand and he hands me the can crusher.  He looks at it, looks at me, looks at it, looks at me. And says what does that mean?  I smiled and he says, you're pregnant?!?  I said yeah and started crying!  He gave me a huge squeeze and just held me.  I was ecstatic and he was happy!  I just didn't know what to say and he just smiled and chuckled!  So we went on with the day and I kept periodically checking the stick like the results were going to magically disappear or something.  This evening after supper I decided to pee on a digital one, just to further confirm that I wasn't misreading the first test, and it popped up pregnant with no not in front of it! Pregnant, that's me, that's my status now!  Pregnant!  I called my doctors nurse this afternoon to see when I needed to schedule a confirmation appointment and she said to schedule it now for after the 15th of October, so at 2:20pm Friday, October 21 we will officially get to see our bambino!  So ecstatic!


No comments:

Post a Comment