Friday, October 21, 2011

Met our baby...

Well today was our first ultrasound appointment and got to see our little bean!  Funny enough...my parents pointed out that it looks like an inverted black-eyed pea!  Originally the doctor thought I was 6w5d with a due date of June 10th, but once he measured he saw I was 6w1d with a due date of June 14th.  I knew it was going to be later than my due date based on my last period because I ovulated late by 4 days according to my OPK.  Sure enough, I was right!  Everything was great, the measurements were right on for 6 weeks and we even got to see the flutter of the heartbeat!!  The dr said the heartbeat looked strong, so we were happy.  The only thing that the dr pointed out was that the baby attached at the bottom of my uterus, but he said that wasn't a big concern and could be handled at labor if something was wrong.  So without further ado...I introduce to you...Baby Wichman!



Oooooooo Ahhhhh it's so cute!  Weren't my parents right?!?  Doesn't it look kind of like an inverted black-eyed pea?!?

So now the debate begins...when to tell everyone.  I have mixed feelings about it.  I would love to tell everyone, but at the same time I would like to air on the side of caution.  I don't feel like telling people increases our chances of a miscarriage or anything, but at the same time I worry if we tell people and something happens then what?  With that being said, if something does happen we can just be honest and tell them X happened.  I don't think miscarrying is something to be ashamed of or anything, it's just something....well personal really.  Kyle is ready to tell, and I am, but to just cautiously tell maybe.  Ya know...tell a few and let the word spread on its own...just not announce it over the loud speaker at Walmart or anything.  We will just have to talk it out I guess :) and decide what's best for us!

3 comments:

  1. OMG a big congrats to you and Kyle!! so happy for you!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! That is so exciting, I am so excited for you two!! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this!!!!! So so so happy for u!! :)

    ReplyDelete