Tuesday, January 24, 2012

20 Week Dr. Appt

So today was my 20 week doctors appointment and I got to hear my little man's heartbeat...A-Mazing!  He briefly went over the ultrasound that I had done on the 16th and said everything with baby was good and normal.  However, I have to go for another ultrasound around 28 weeks to look at my placenta.  On the 16th they saw I have marginal previa.  Marginal previa means that my placenta partially covers my cervix; below is a picture I found when I got back...I'm a visual person :)

So my DR thinks that as my uterus grows the placenta should pull up and away from the cervix.  They should be able to tell at 28 weeks if it's moved any, and from there be able to determine how far from my cervix it should end up.  Depending on if the placenta does or doesn't move, and if it does how far, I may need a c-section.  With the placenta being so low it can cause issues during labor/delivery and would want to do what's best for me and the baby.  I'm personally cool with a c-section!  I've kind of been telling myself I will get one since our confirmation appointment when the doctor mentioned the baby implanted right by my cervix versus at the top or side of my uterus.  C-sections don't both me at all, I'm just not looking forward to the recovery is all...but hey...all my junk will stay normal!! Haha!!!  I guess only time will tell.

Must admit though...I am excited to get to see the fella again in 8 weeks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment