Thursday, April 24, 2014

Bump-Date #2: Weeks 18-20

Week 18
Baby Size: 6.5"; Sweet Potato
Baby Weight: 6.7oz

Week 19
Baby Size: 6.5"; Mango
Baby Weight: 8.5oz

Week 20
Baby Size: 10"; Banana
Baby Weight: 10.5oz
 *********************

I can't believe it has been so long since my last update!  The last 3 weeks had been pretty uneventful until earlier this week.  I started feeling icky, not sick, just like something wasn't right.  I happened to have my 20 week appointment today, so I was basically feeling like 'as long as I make it to Thursday all will be good.'  At my appointment today, I told my dr how I have been feeling; extremely weak, tired, no appetite, not feeling like myself, having braxton hicks and being a little disoriented.  I told my dr all of this today, and he basically said 'yep you're pregnant welcome to the 2nd half of pregnancy!'  I was like oh gee thanks! I still think something more is wrong that 'being pregnant', so I'm going keep an eye on myself and see.  He said to get more rest and drink more water.  I was like well okay I'm doing that, but still feeling crappy.  So I dunno.  My bp was up a little today, 134/78.  I talked with my nurse about it, and she said they don't get concerned until it gets to 140+.  I know that 140 is technically considered high, but 134 is high for me considering my bp is normally 115-120.  I just don't want to end up with pre-eclampsia or anything, so I'm going to do what I can to keep it low; drink more water, eat fresh foods, cut down on sodium, stop drinking soda, etc.  Hopefully that will help!  I just worry about these Texas summer's I'm going into...

No comments:

Post a Comment